POLITICAL GEOGRAPHY AND INTERNATIONAL ECONOMICS
- What will the world economy look like in 2050? We currently live in the most prosperous, stable, secure, and technologically advanced period in human history, but these benefits are unevenly distributed, and a number of unfolding changes may be significant disruptors. The rise of protectionist sentiment in the US thanks to Donald Trump, the emergence of China as a global power, economic growth in many regions of the global South, and climate change are just some of the changes that we are seeing. These may lead to a very different global economy, made up of very different national economies, at the halfway point of the century as compared to today.
- For this essay, conduct an economic analysis of Germany and make an informed prediction about what its economy, and its international trade, is going to look like in the year 2050. Be sure to draw from concepts in the course, prepare a logical prediction, and demonstrate depth of knowledge related to themes such as economic growth, international trade, and geopolitics.
- The essay length should be approximately 1000 words. You should use relevant references to construct your informed opinion. The number of references is up to you, but should be enough to make a professional and insightful essay.
- Some resources to get you started:
- Pugel textbook on Economics 17th Edition